8:30 - 9:00am
Meet and Greet
9:00 - 9:10am
Michelle Rosado, Personal Life Coach
9:10 - 9:50am
Mei Jin Lu, PhD.
Fundamental Concept of Qi and Qi in our lives.
This presentation will illuminate the fundamental concept of Qi from a cultural, philosophical and TCM perspective, including the following seminal areas of academic interest:
· The definition of Qi - What is the fundamental basis that defines “Qi” as we know it today?
· How does Qi work and how is it perceived in a Qi-cultured setting?
· How has the concept of Qi evolved over the last 5000 years and how is it related to today’s view of Qi as understood in our Tai Chi/Qigong classes?
· How is the ancient philosophical concept of Qi comprehended from a western perspective in a non-Qi cultural setting?
· How does the western philosophical concept of abstraction itself affect the western understanding of the complete Qi phenomenon?
· How can a person truly feel the Qi?
· Delineate the types of Qi, the characteristics of Qi and the effect of working with Qi.
10:00 - 10:45am
Dr. Will Hsu, MD
Critical Effects of Nutrition on Health
Non-communicable diseases like heart disease, diabetes and cancer and others, contribute to 88% of deaths in the U.S. Many of these conditions are age and lifestyle-related. Emerging science reveals that proper nutrition is critical to the prevention and management of human health. In this talk, we will explore the science behind the dietary regimen to prolong human life and healthspan.
10:45 - 11:00am
11:00 - 11:45am
Dr. Henry McCann, DAOM, LAc
The Yellow Emperor Reeling Silk - Chinese Medicine, Qigong, Taiji and Health
The Huang Di Nei Jing, or Yellow Emperor's Inner Classic, is the seminal text of Chinese medicine that lays out the classical foundation for maintenance of health and disease management. This talk will examine some of the core ideas about health and longevity from the perspective of this text while examining how Qigong and Taijiquan can play an integral role in both disease prevention and treatment. Throughout we will look at examples of exercises and how they exemplify classical concepts of health and disease in early Chinese medicine.
12:00 - 12:45pm
CEO Longevity for Life
5 Colors for Health
Discussion on 5 colors of food per day for a diverse balance of phytonutrients. Each color of a plant represents a unique set of phytonutrients that are being linked through studies to Longevity. These phytonutrients are part of the plants stress coping mechanisms and have been found to trigger similar stress coping mechanisms in the human body. Find out how to use organic, clean, nutrient rich food to support improved healthspan and reduce the risk of chronic illness.
12:45 - 2:00pm
Included with registration to conference.
2:00 - 2:40pm
Mei Jin Lu, PhD.
Powerful Meditation Methods/Guided Deep Meditation
Discuss different effective techniques of meditation and how they apply at different points in your wellness journey. These meditation techniques include:
2:40 - 3:00pm
Teas and coffee
3:00 - 4:45pm
Tai Chi/ Qigong Workshops
4:45pm - 5:00pm
A Joyous Finale